Our Lifestyle Coach Training is very unique. Most Lifestyle Coach Training classes will:
- Provide the CDC curriculum
- Provide the participant handouts to accompany the curriculum
- Teach you about the research behind the DPP
Most of the time spent in the training is going over the lessons, one-by-one.
Our approach is different because in addition to providing these same materials, which tells you WHAT to do; we also focus on teaching you HOW to be successful. Participants don’t come to a diabetes prevention program for the information within the curriculum. They come to class to learn HOW to apply this information into their lifestyle. A successful CDC Lifestyle Coach must be able to move away from teaching and toward facilitating conversation and actions that will lead to behavior modification. For this reason, our training has 4 main components:
- Turning the CDC Curriculum into a Class (What Say and Do)
- Art of Facilitation (How to turn information into application)
- Making the content fit the culture (Make it work for your audience)
- Key to Success and Overcoming Obstacles (Do this - Not that!)
We adjust the time spent on each of the components to best meet the needs of the group we are training. For example, some groups may need less time on facilitation and more on making the classes culturally appropriate.
We know that becoming a certified Lifestyle Coach is just the beginning. To provide a successful DPP, organizations must also consider:
- Marketing and participant recruitment (Who qualifies and Who doesn’t)
- Data collection and reporting
- Participant engagement and participation
- Lifestyle Coach retention
- Program Scalability
So, in addition to the 14-16-hour training, we also offer a year of on-going program oversight and assistance. Not only will we answer your questions as they arise, we will also schedule conference calls or webinars to troubleshoot with your staff and lifestyle coaches and assist them as needed.
Browse our courses by category
Where learners go to grow
We appreciate that every student has different abilities, and preferences for when, where, and how they learn. Lessonaire is a safe, affordable place where students reach gifted teachers in nearly any subject, anywhere, anytime.
Our teachers are able to offer more affordable rates due to our cost effective tools. The friendly search tools bring new and more intuitive ways to explore teachers’ offerings. The course outline includes course descriptions, teacher profiles, student reviews and fast checkout process to pay teachers directly. You can find all of the essential details in one place.
Use this form to share your questions, comments and feedback.