First step on your music journey!
Not only does it produce beautiful sounds, piano is fundamental to learning music theory and a great music classroom teaching tool, which teaches the most transferable skills and ultimately equips you to pick up any other instruments more easily.
If you are just beginning to learn how to play piano, take this beginning level lesson and let it sharpens your mind and body!
Pik has been teaching for twenty years. She aims to continue sharing her experience and exploring the joy and love of music with her students.
Pik also offers to prepare students the opportunity to take the ABRSM
(Associated Board of the Royal School of Music) Piano Exams in both English and Chinese.
Pik’s Studio Policy
Lessons will be either 30 minutes, 45 minutes or 1 hour in length.
- All parents/guardians are welcome at any time to observe.
30-minute lesson - $35
45-minute lesson - $50
60-minute lesson - $65
30-minute lesson - $45
45-minute lesson - $60
60-minute lesson - $75
- Lessons will be billed on a monthly basis and full tuition is due the first week of each month.
- A $10 late fee will be assessed after the 10th of each month.
- Pricing will be reviewed every 2 years.
- Recitals are included in tuition. Additional event fees may be required for festivals, competitions and other performance events.
RESCHEDULING & CANCELLATION
- No payment credit or makeup lessons will be provided for students who fail to provide 24 hours notice in advance, except in cases of sickness or emergency.
- Lessons canceled with twenty-four 24 hours advance notice should be rescheduled first. Student teachers will also be available for more flexibility.
- No credit will be given for no-shows or tardiness.
- Any lessons missed by the instructor due to illness or emergency will be rescheduled as soon as possible. In case of extended time-off, arrangement for a substitute teacher can be provided upon request.
- Each student has a reserved lesson time, and is responsible for that time. In the event that you need to miss a lesson, please give as much advanced notice as possible. Cancellations will be updated on the online calendar. Simply check the calendar and contact instructor to reserve an available make-up time.
- Please be prompt, well prepared, and with their assignment books and music. Lesson times cannot be extended for students who arrive late.
- All students must have a piano or digital piano for home practice. The quality of the instrument plays a significant role in students potential for success. Acoustic pianos should be tuned at least once a year. If you prefer a digital piano, please invest in a full-size keyboard with weighted, touch-sensitive 88 keys and pedals.
- Regular daily practice is essential for student success. Time will vary according to assignments and student levels. Daily practice sessions are more effective than one or two long sessions per week. The most important time for students to practice is right after their weekly lesson when they still have fresh memory of what they have just learned.
Photos of students and video and audio recordings of student performances may appear in print or online for promotional and lessons materials. They are much appreciated. But parents wishing to exempt their students from any published media may do so anytime by providing a written request. Identification will be excluded or limited to first names only.
It is with gratitude that I hope you understand and accept the necessity of establishing a policy. If you have questions regarding this policy don't hesitate to let me know. Welcome to Pik’s Studio!
Use this form to share your questions, comments and feedback.